Tips to quit using smokeless tobacco for a lifetime
Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term in the search bar provided.
As always, you can call our offices to answer any questions or concerns.
Addiction to smokeless tobacco products is just as serious as an addiction to cigarettes, but there is help available through your physician and support groups. Using some of these simple steps may also help you quit the addition.
- Write down a list of reasons to quit. For example:
- Don't want to risk getting cancer.
- Family members find it offensive.
- Don't like having bad breath after chewing and dipping.
- Don't want stained teeth (or no teeth).
- Don't like being addicted to nicotine.
- Want to start leading a healthier life.